
[Date & Time] Saturday, March 28, at 9:00 ~ 17:00
[Participants] 85 KSGG Members
[Spots] Yokohama Station, Hongakuji (ex-American Consulate), Monolith of Namamugi Incident*, Kanagawa Stages on Historic Road*, Dockyard Garden, Sailing Ship “Nippon-maru,” Bentenbashi, Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Cultural History, Jack-Queen-King Towers of Yokohama, World Porters (for Lunch)*, Yamashita Park*, Port Opening Memorial Hall*, Motomachi*, Foreign General Cemetery (the grave of Charles L. Richardson)*, Yokohama Park (the site of Minatozaki Licensed Quarter), Yoshidabashi, Kamonyama Park*, the site of Kanagawa Magistrate's Office, and back to Yokohama Station--(Asterisks denote “Get off bus and visit on foot”)
-
Thanks to the historic background and relevant information given by two KSGG members in advance, it was easy for me to understand a guide’ s explanations on and off the bus. It was a tour prompting me to learn more about not only the port opening but also the country opening. I applied for guiding this time and was given a chance to explain the sights walking the Yamashita Park to a third of the members from the Bus “B”. I explained them using the information I had obtained at the preparatory session and from Internet, but I also had a time answering questions from those members. Also, I joined in a preparatory meeting to see the member’s careful planning, preparations, leadership, and teamwork on the spot that made the study tour quite successful. Thank you very much.
[Participants] 85 KSGG Members
[Spots] Yokohama Station, Hongakuji (ex-American Consulate), Monolith of Namamugi Incident*, Kanagawa Stages on Historic Road*, Dockyard Garden, Sailing Ship “Nippon-maru,” Bentenbashi, Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Cultural History, Jack-Queen-King Towers of Yokohama, World Porters (for Lunch)*, Yamashita Park*, Port Opening Memorial Hall*, Motomachi*, Foreign General Cemetery (the grave of Charles L. Richardson)*, Yokohama Park (the site of Minatozaki Licensed Quarter), Yoshidabashi, Kamonyama Park*, the site of Kanagawa Magistrate's Office, and back to Yokohama Station--(Asterisks denote “Get off bus and visit on foot”)
-
Thanks to the historic background and relevant information given by two KSGG members in advance, it was easy for me to understand a guide’ s explanations on and off the bus. It was a tour prompting me to learn more about not only the port opening but also the country opening. I applied for guiding this time and was given a chance to explain the sights walking the Yamashita Park to a third of the members from the Bus “B”. I explained them using the information I had obtained at the preparatory session and from Internet, but I also had a time answering questions from those members. Also, I joined in a preparatory meeting to see the member’s careful planning, preparations, leadership, and teamwork on the spot that made the study tour quite successful. Thank you very much.