[Date & Time] Sunday, June 12, at 10:00~15:00[Spots] Jufuku-ji Temple, Genjiyama Park, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, Sasuke Inari Shrine, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Hasedera Temple, and Yuzawaya (Fabric and Craft Store) in Yokohama
[Visitors] An Australian couple, Mr. & Mrs. G
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
This couple was the first private visitors not only for KSGG but also for me after the Great East Japan Earthquake. Although I was very nervous, I was relieved at once when they friendly patted my shoulder from behind while I was waiting for them at Kamakura Station.
The wife likes doing patchworks and asked me to take her to Yuzawaya, a large-scale fabric and craft store in Japan. I decided to cut our tour short and take them to the store as I fortunately knew where their Yokohama branch is.
They had left Tasmania on May 27th, traveled around from the Kyusyu Region through the Chugoku Region, and then got to Tokyo the day before. They loved traveling and this was their 2nd trip to Japan. They were talking like Japanese couples do. I had a warm feeling when I realized that affection between the partners is almost the same in all countries.
They were such good walkers that our tour went to schedule. They really enjoyed nature around Genjiyama Park, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, and Sasuke Inari Shrine. After visiting the Great Buddha and Hasedera Temple, we returned to Kamakura Station and headed for Yuzawaya’s branch store in Yokohama. The wife had wanted to buy nice Japanese fabric but she couldn’t any until then. So she really looked happy when she got there.
They were really a nice couple and I do hope they will take the third trip to Japan.